Our Top Picks
When it comes to buying a drone, there are many things to keep in mind, such as the price, the camera quality, how long the battery will last, etc. One drone might work for you with plenty of features, while another may not.
While it is quite an overwhelming and difficult task – Our list of the five best drones under $500 will bring you one step closer to picking out the perfect drone for you.
Let’s get right into the five best drones under $500 to buy in 2022!
1. DJI Mini 2
The DJI Mini 2 is less than 249 grams – compact and convenient this is the best travel companion that will help capture your favorite memories. It has a 4k video resolution that offers you a powerful performance and gives you the option of 4x zoom. It is also great with quick shots.
- It has a 12 mp camera
- 4k/30 fps video
- 3-axis motorized gimbal
- Mini 2 ensures smooth image quality
- Supports up to 10km of HD video
- 31 minutes battery life
- Can resist level 5 winds
- Take off altitude 4000 meters
- Digital zoom makes it easier to capture all your favorite shots
- Runtime is considered short by some
The DJI Mavic Mini Combo is super light and has a compact yet powerful camera that captures your moments effortlessly and crisply. The weight allows it to stay in the air for much longer than other drones.
- Weighs less than 250 grams
- Supports 12MP aerial photos and 2 7K HD videos
- 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera and clear footage
- The super lightweight allows it to stay longer in the air
- Compact yet powerful
- 30 minutes in the air
- The plastic body is not durable
The Tucok 193MAX2 is 1.3 pounds and has a battery capacity of 3400mph. It allows you to capture 4K HD video resolution. It is a feature-packed drone that has an amazing price tag. The outstanding features offer a much better time in the air than the rest of the drones and have a level 7 resistance.
- 3 pounds
- 4K HD video resolution
- 3KM HD video transmission
- 260 obstacle avoidance
- 3-axis gimbal and
- EIS anti-shake technology
- Impressive image quality
- 52 minute flight time and travel
- Level 7 wind resistance
- Multi GPS intelligent flight features
- The app can be slightly confusing
The Holy Stone HS720E comes with a 4K EIS anti-shake camera with Sony Sensor. This technology helps reduce video from blurring. The remote-controlled 90-degree adjustable angle broadens your view. It is easy to use with optical airflow and has advanced flight modes.
- 495 grams
- 4K HD video resolution
- 4K EIS anti-shake camera with Sony Sensor
- 90-degree adjustable camera broadens your view
- Air optical flow and air pressure altitude control system
- Advanced flight modes
- Brushless motors
- Fly more kit 9 allows 46 minutes of flight
- Easy to use
- No more blurry pictures
- More time to capture footage
- A broadened view
- Weighs more than other drones
5. DJI Mini SE
The lightweight and powerful DJI Mini SE camera drone is ideal for content creators on the go. Its ultra-portable design makes it easy to capture moments. It can withstand more time in the air thanks to its weight.
- 249 grams
- 30 minutes flight time
- 12MP aerial photos
- 7K HD video resolution
- Three-axis gimbal provides superior quality
- Can resist 29-38kph winds
- Upgraded wind resistance
- Best for photographers and videographers
- More time in the sky
- There are no side sensors
Take Your Pick
When purchasing a drone on a budget, one should always look for the following: GPS, controller, camera and gimbal, battery life, the App, and the overall bundle. These play an important part in determining what the drone is like and what use you’ll get out of it.
Now that you have an idea of the best drones under $500 to buy in 2022 – what’s your pick?