An ax is amongst the original tools created by humans. The origin of this multipurpose tool ages back to the Stone Age. Even though you need the right amount of strength and skill to work an ax, the eventual victory is in discovering the right throwing ax for you.
It’s not just for loggers. It can be used by a high-level urbanite as well. People who are skilled at this might need a light ax. However, if someone is just starting their ax-throwing journey, they should choose a thicker model to help them score.
We know it can get a little overpowering as someone who is beginning their ax journey, which is why we have gathered for you the five best throwing axes for 2022.
1. Smith & Wesson Throwing Axes And Hatchels
The Smith & Wesson Bullseye ax-throwing kit is great for starters with a budget to maintain. It is the go-to option for many who want to give this sport a try but don’t wish to spend huge amounts of money on it.
- This kit comes with three axes
- It offers a suitable nylon covering
- The axes are made out of steel
- Each ax is 10 inches long
- They weigh half a pound individually
- All three axes are lightweight
- The steel makes them extremely durable
- It is a great ax for beginners
- Affordable axes
- It comes with an extra feature – a bottle corkscrew
- It comes with a joined bottle opening tool
- They are not sharp initially
2. World Axe Throwing League Premium Competition Thrower
The best thing about this ax is that the World Axe Throwing League makes it. It is of great quality, and the long adjustable length makes it easy for all to throw accordingly. It is one of the finest options out in the market that will have you aiming like a pro.
- The top of the ax is at 1.65 lbs.
- The entire ax is aorund 2.22 lbs.
- The ax is around 16 inches long
- Slim and sharp
- A suitable option for beginners
- It comes with an adjustable handle
- Well-built and durable
- The handle can get a little slippery
- It is on the heavier side
- Some users say that it is difficult to look for a sheath that will fit this ax
3. SOG Axe Throwing Equipment
The SOG throwing ax’s also fit into the category of ‘three throwing ax’s’. Made from stainless steel, they are of great quality and will last you long. The sheath that comes with it makes it easy to secure the three axes safely.
- Pack of three
- They are made out of monolithic steel
- They are painted black and have a knitted paracord hold
- They have a 10.75-inch straight grip
- Each ax is at 8.4 ounces
- It is easy to carry because of the weight
- The nylon sheath comes with the pack
- The paracord is adjustable
- The black paint tends to camouflage them
- The paracord can occasionally loosen
4. Sahara Sailor Lightweight Throwing Axes
Talk about extra features – the Sahara Sailor throwing ax’s have it all. They are boxed in a pack of three and are made of stainless steel, robust and long-lasting. These axes come in a set of three with the ultimate sharpened faces.
- This set of three axes are 10 ins in length
- Each weighs around 265 grams
- The throwing ax features five wrenches of different sizes
- It comes with a bottle opener
- They are extremely resilient
- Their weight makes them portable
- It is a great option for people who are on a budget
- The nylon covering protection is included in the pack
- Not an ideal option for beginners
5. JXE JXO Bulk Throwing Axe Set
The JXE JXO Bulk Throwing Axe is a three set of fine ax’s that made to aim. This strikingly curved build reflects a conventional tomahawk with a modern-day twist. Exclusively built from a huge chunk of iron that is painted all black.
- A pack of three axes
- Built from a solid piece of metal
- The hold is created with a rock-solid paracord that’s wrapped about the metal
- They are 9.8 in each
- These axes weigh 0.63 lbs.
- The set arrives with a nylon case
- It offers a bottle opening tool that is placed at the head of the ax
- These axes are the most multitalented ones
- They weigh less, which makes them extremely portable
- These are some heavy-duty axes
- The nylon sheath helps keep them protected
- Some users complain that the axes are fragile
- The paracord wrapping is said to be loose at times
Take Your Pick
Weight, handle, length, construction, durability, sheath, etc., are just some of the factors you need to consider when buying the five best throwing axes 2022. These top five throwing axes will allow you a comfortable throw and give you the right aim. Packed with advanced technology and world-class designs, these throwing axes are a great value for money.
So, what’s it going to be?