Throwing knives is an age-old pastime that goes back in history. A throwing knife is great for recreational target games. However, it is used more seriously as part of hunting days, magic acts, combat, camping trips, or kit-out your survival backpack. Moreover, they are indeed a multipurpose item that has been used by men and women worldwide.
If you’re in the market for a throwing knife, it can be hard to know which one to buy since you don’t understand how concrete or dependable the knife is. With the increase in variety and the number of false reviews, it is easy to get lost.
We have chosen the five best throwing knives for 2022 on the market. Let’s get right into it.
SOG throwing knives are a set of three durable ones that come with a separate nylon sheath. The sheaths are secured using a Velcro closure attached to a belt with a belt loop. These are mostly for people who have some prior experience. They offer you an expert throw along with the freedom of practicing all kinds of throwing techniques.
- You get three knives
- Made of 420 stainless steel
- Measure sat 4.4 inches
- Best for all types of throwing techniques
- Each has a protective nylon sheath, and belt loop included
- It has an adjustable paracord grip and knife balance
- Not the most feasible option for beginners
Are you someone who wants a full pack of knives to work with? If yes, then this Smith and Wesson stainless steel throwing knives set is perfect for you. It is a pack of 6 that is ideal for a newbie thrower, an expert thrower, or the collector. Their double edge design aims for precision and is extremely durable. They’re called bullseye for a reason. The grip and balance they provide will ensure that you never miss a shot.
- Best for both professionals and newbees
- Has an attractive double-edged design
- Comes with a nylon belt sheath
- It is longer as compared to the usual throwing knives – 8 inches
- A full pack of 6 knives
- Made out of stainless steel
- 7 ounces per knife
- Offers impeccable grip and balance
- It comes with a dull tip
If you’re looking for a single knife that will be enough for you, the Cold steel 80TFTC True Light is what you need. It takes the bar high, measuring up to 12 inches. The paracord-wrapped handle is great to maintain control. The carbon steel will ensure longevity. In addition, it can be used for many purposes such as hunting, camping, target aiming, etc.
- Built out of 1055 carbon steel
- Extra durable thanks to its black protective coating
- Paracord-wrapped handle
- Comes with a manufacturer’s warranty
- Protective Corex sheath
- It has a utility edge for a multipurpose use
- It is not available in most states
This throwing knife is small compared to the other models, but it is no less than them. It comes with a pack of 6 knives that are 5.5 inches each. They stand out due to their aesthetics. Moreover, they are made of stainless steel to ensure durability throughout the years. It will ensure you stand out in the knife-throwing game.
- Has a compact design
- Extremely portable – light and easy to carry everywhere
- A cool and innovative Velcro-fastening casing
- Great option for first-timers
- It has some distinctive grinding lines that are full of colors
- Coated in stainless steel for greater endurance
- If you sharpen it too much, it can reduce the color of the knife
Reliable and durable, this SOG Fling Classic throwing knife is a three-piece set that can be used for all your activities. It has a hardness score of 49 to 51. It signifies that they can easily be considered tactical knives which is why they might not be the best option for beginners. It will work best for someone who has some experience using it.
- Comes with a protecting sheath and belt loop
- The spear design of the knife adapts more throwing grips
- Has a satin finish to the stainless steel that adds more strength
- Detachable paracord handle for additional control
- One of the best options for skilled or average throwers
- A Rockwell hardness rating of 49-51.
- Not suitable for beginners
What’s Your Pick
We hope this article helps you better understand the best throwing knives options available in the market. It will clear your mind about which throwing knife to buy in 2022. While the specifics vary from one knife to another, the key features are weight, length, balance, handle, etc. These best throwing knives for 2022 will help you get accustomed to the best brands so that you can make an well-versed decision about what you buy, depending on your need.