If you’ve always been skeptical about buying monoculars – we are here to change your mind. The best monoculars give you long-distance viewing without the bulk and weight of binoculars or dual-eyepiece adjustments.
A monocular offers a huge range of applications that can make them useful for all sorts of people, from birdwatchers stargazers to photographers to sports. A monocular offers you magnification for a single eye instead of both, which is why they are more lightweight and portable. Some offer you the same degree of magnification as the binoculars and spotting scopes.
Here are the five best monoculars to buy in 2022!
The Wingspan Optics Explorer monocular is one of the best monoculars out there. Packed with high-quality features, it offers you an excellent viewing experience. However, it is on the bulky and heavier side.
- It weighs around 11 ounces
- It offers you a 12X magnification
- It will help you see 1000 yards away
- It has a 14 mm eye-relief that can be used comfortably by someone who wears glasses
- It has a 50-millimeter objective lens
- It allows you a sufficient field view of 246 feet
- It is water and fog proof
- The armor is made of a non-slip material that will allow better grip
- It gives you quick and accurate focus with one hand
- It provides you with a pleasant and clear view
- It’s not as small and portable as other models
Affordability at its best! This Roxant Grip scope monocular offers you good value for money. A compact and portable scope offers up to 6X magnification, which is a good option for most people.
- Weighing around 7.8 ounces, it is a portable monocular
- It is fully multi-coated
- It comes with a retractable eyepiece – wide view – military-grade bak4 optical glass
- It offers up to 6X magnification
- The outer body is a non-slip one giving you great grip
- It comes with accessories such as a neck strap, cleaning cloth, and carry pouch
- It is easy to use
- The retractable eyecups make it a good eye-relief for people who wear glasses
- The grip it provides is a comfortable and strong one
- It is extremely portable
- There is less chance of wobble
- It makes focusing easy
- Some people might not be happy with the 6X magnification it offers
- It does not come with a lens cap
Looking for monoculars that will offer you a wide variety of sizes? The Bushnell Legend Ultra HD provides you with a great range to choose from. Even though it is not the smallest or most portable on the market, it is still on the list.
- It weighs up to 0.83 pounds
- It has fully multi-coated lenses
- It has a 4.2 millimeters exit pupil
- The field of view is 340 feet
- It is very impressive for the price
- It is both water and fog proof
- The twist-up eyecups are comfortable
- The optics provide you with bright images
- This monocular can be used with a tripod as well to increase stability
- It is not the lightest or the smallest monocular on the list.
You won’t believe your eyes with the view this monocular gives you. It is available in both 8X and 10C magnification in the market and is a great device that will give you great sports, bird watching, hunting experience.
- It weighs 0.55 pounds
- It has a multi-coated lens
- Exit pupil is 2.5
- The field of view it offers is 315 feet
- The zoom ratio it provides is ten multiplier
- The objective lens is 25 millimeters
- It is compact and extremely portable
- It offers a wide range of field view
- This monocular is nitrogen purged – water and fog proof
- It will allow you an excellent optical clarity
- It will last you years
- It allows a lower close focus – 16.4 feet
- The narrow focusing ring interferes with the eyepiece
Talk about getting great quality at a low price! Considering all it offers, it is a little surprising how affordable this monocular is. It will give you a great performance and allow you to have a great experience outdoors. It is safe to use under all weather conditions as it is nitrogen purged.
- It weighs 0.5 pounds
- The objective lens diameter is 42 millimeters
- 12X50 high power magnification
- It has a large BAK-4 prism inside
- It is a multi-coated lens that will prevent dust, moisture, etc. from coming
- It comes with a tripod and has a smartphone holder/adapter along with it
- Allows you a 360-foot field of view
- It is extremely affordable
- It is a strictly waterproof (IPX7) and nitrogen purged
- It allows you to see things 12 X closer
- It gives you a better view and image quality
- Some users complain of blurry images
- There have been reviews of it not measuring up to its 12X magnification claims
- It is bulkier than the other models out there
What’s Your Pick
Our list of the five best monoculars to buy in 2022 will give you a clear idea of what you need to purchase for yourself. These will allow you to enjoy stargazing, hunting, targeting, shooting, wildlife watching, archery, hiking, sports, etc. The focus, clarity, and magnification will allow you to have a life-changing experience with the outdoors. Choose your favorite and the one that best suits your needs.
So, what’s it going to be?